Unlike most other MMORPGs, there are no potions in Tower of Fantasy. If you want to heal or improve, you will have to rely on food instead. However, the cooking mechanisms in Tower of Fantasy are surprisingly complex and require quite a bit of play to master. To help you understand, we’ve put together this guide to the best cooking recipes to use in Tower of Fantasy.
Note: we will have a Tower of Fantasy guides and feature hub coming soon, so stay tuned.
How to eat food
There are two ways to eat. The easiest way is to press the “Use Supply” hotkey, which is F2 by default. Using it to eat health-restoring food triggers a 45 second cooldown during which you can no longer heal using food. You can change the food consumed when Use Supply is triggered by clicking the up arrow to the right of your health bar.
The alternative option is to go in your backpack, select “Kitchen” on the right side of your backpack, then click the food you want to eat. This is useful for stacking multiple buffs right before entering a tough encounter. Any food recipe that only provides buffs or satiety but does not heal will not trigger the aforementioned 45 second cooldown.
Best food recipes for healing in Tower of Fantasy
In an ideal world, you could rely on your healers or be a healer yourself, but that’s not always possible. There will be times when your team’s healer won’t be able to follow you or you’ll complete solo content as a DPS or tank player. In these cases, your only method of healing is to eat. These are the best food recipes to keep your health high.
- Balloon fruit salad
- x2 Baloon Fruit, x1 Salad Dressing, x1 Thornmato – Use this to immediately restore (16% + 34,000) HP to the Wanderer.
- Caterpillar Mushroom Noodles
- Brown Rice x3, Caterpillar Mushroom x1 – Use to immediately restore (20% + 60,000) HP to the Wanderer.
- Sushi with caviar
- x1 Caviar, x2 Laver, x2 Rice – Use this to immediately restore (16% + 34,000) HP to the Wanderer.
- Chocolate bread
- Brown Rice x2, Cocoa Beans x2 – Use this to immediately restore (16% + 34,000) HP to the Wanderer.
- Fiddlehead Pie
- x2 Brown Rice, x2 Fiddlehead – Use to immediately restore (16% + 34,000) HP to the Wanderer.
- fiddlehead soup
- x2 Fiddlehead, x4 Lettuce – Use to immediately restore (16% + 34,000) HP to the Wanderer.
- walnut tea
- x1 Hazelnut, x2 Honey, x2 Pinecone – Use this to immediately restore (20% + 60,000) HP to the Wanderer.
- Cocoa Pine
- Cocoa Beans x1, Milk x2, Pinecone x1 – Use to immediately restore (16% + 34,000) HP to the Wanderer.
- Snow lotus soup
- x2 Honey, x1 Snow Lotus – Use to immediately restore (20% + 60,000) HP to the Wanderer.
- Sweet pomegranate juice
- Carbonated Water x1, Honey x2, Phosphogranate x2 – Use this to immediately restore (16% + 34,000) HP to the Wanderer.
Best cooking recipes for offensive buffs Tower of Fantasy
They say the best defense is a good offense, and that rings true for many MMOs. At least in most cases, Tower of Fantasy is no exception to this rule. If you can deal more damage, you can kill a boss faster and therefore take less overall damage throughout the fight. The food recipes listed below are the best options for increasing your DPS.
- Purple Yam Pie
- Brown Rice x3, Purple Yam x1 – Gain (+2% +150) Volt damage for 1200 sec.
- salmon sashimi
- x1 Lake Bass – Gain (+2% +150) Ice Damage for 1200 sec.
- Steak with sauce
- Firecape x3, Prime Cut x1 – Gain (+2% +150) fire damage for 1200 sec.
- Truffle Fried Rice
- Black Truffle x1, Onion x1, Rice x2 – Gain (+2% + 150) Physical Damage for 1200 sec.
Best cooking recipes for defensive buffs Tower of Fantasy
While better DPS improves survivability, there are times when it just won’t be enough. Some content is so punishing that without an extra layer of defense, you’ll have a hard time eliminating it. This will become especially true once more high-level raid content is added in the future. For those occasions, you’ll want to use the following cooking recipes to bolster your defense.
- Braised Meat
- x1 Fatty Cut – Gain (+15% +675) Ice Resistance for 1200 sec.
- Grilled steak
- x1 Prime Cut – Gain (+15% +675) Volt resistance for 1200 sec.
- Juicy BLTs
- Brown Rice x2, Fat Cut x1, Poultry Egg x2 – Gain (+15% +675) Fire Resistance for 1200 sec.
- Baked rice with snails
- Scavenger Snail x1, Rice x2 – Gain (+15% +675) Physical Resistance for 1200 sec.
Tower of Fantasy is available on PC via the official game launcher.